Topic: If you had 7500$....

burning in your pocket, which of the authors on the Hardcover and Adventures project would you insta-fund?

Having recently run the first two Enemy Within books, I am tempted to say Graeme Davis but I'm also a big Vornheim-fan, so Zak would also be high on my list.

How about you?

Last edited by DKChannelBoredom (2012-05-15 20:33:26)

Re: If you had 7500$....

Graeme Davis in a New York Minute.

Shadows over Bogenhafen and Death on the Reik are my two favorite adventures for a Fantasy RPG, PERIOD.

Dennis Higgins, The Higgipedia.
So mellow, he's probably not REALLY a grognard.

Check out Gaming All Over The Place: http://gamingallover.blogspot.com/

As a Cthulhu gamer, I'd be picking Ken Hite followed by Jason Morningstar.  There's a good chance Ken's thing gets funded.  Is there a lot of synergy between LOTFP and WHFRP?  Not that familiar with it.

Yeah - I would say that with the direction James is pushing LotFP, with firearms and the more 17th century look and style, there is plenty of overlap and synergy between the two games.

In my view LotFP is pretty much the grittier, less over-the-top version of WFRP.

Ed Dove wrote:
Beedo wrote:

Is there a lot of synergy between LOTFP and WHFRP?

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_Fantasy_Roleplay:

"...doom-laden background...grim and perilous game..."

"While the setting of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay shares traits, such as the existence of elves and goblins, with other popular fantasy settings, it is chronologically slightly later than that of most fantasy games – close to the early Renaissance era in terms of technology and society. Firearms are readily available, though expensive and unreliable, and a growing mercantile middle class challenges the supremacy of the nobility."

"One of the most identifiable features of the Warhammer setting is Chaos...an insidious force gnawing at the fabric of society. Secret cults abound among all strata of society, seeking to overthrow the social order or to further their own power. Mutants lurk in the forests outside the great cities, while the Skaven (a race of rats) tunnel beneath them."

"Magic is widely feared and reviled, and not without reason. Magic is derived from – and thus corrupted by – Chaos, and its practitioners tread a fine line between death or corruption and relative safety."

Sounds like a lot of synergy to me.

Hell yeah - sounds awesome.  Is there a good setting book someone would recommend?  I may need to finally check it out.

Beedo wrote:

Hell yeah - sounds awesome.  Is there a good setting book someone would recommend?  I may need to finally check it out.

Any copy of Shadows Over Bogenhafen I've seen includes The Enemy Within, which gives a great overview of the setting. It's also one of the greatest adventures ever written.

Of course, it's out of print and can be pricey on eBay.

Dennis Higgins, The Higgipedia.
So mellow, he's probably not REALLY a grognard.

Check out Gaming All Over The Place: http://gamingallover.blogspot.com/

Beedo wrote:

The core rulebook is also the main setting book, at least for the first edition. I've been reading it over the past few weeks, and this is my first sustained exposure to the system (I knew about it back in the 90s but never paid much attention back then). Even after such a limited time, I can already tell that it is one of my favorite settings (and the art by John Blanche is amazing). The Old World has something of a Hyborian vibe (though for the early modern period), in that the geographies and cultures are clearly inspired by the real world, but only loosely.

If I were to insta-fund an adventure (and not the Rules & Magic as separate hardcovers, which would be my first pick), it'd be Aeron Alfrey. And here's why:

James Raggi wrote:

Strap in, folks, things are going to get sssttrrannggeee.

That's quite the endorsement coming from James. I REALLY want to see what comes of it, heh.

Ed Dove wrote:

But what I'd really like to insta-fund is the Rules & Magic book as separate Rules and Magic books.

According to the latest update on the campaign, all this will take, is another 1000(ish) Dollars... and I, for one, haven't chip in yet. So I think you got your seperate books, Ed. Good stuff.