Topic: Form Fillable Character Sheet

Hi,

I was wanting to learn a bit more about creating forms and interactive pdfs with Adobe Acrobat, so I decided to do a test project turning the LotFP character sheet into a fillable pdf. I'm posting it on here not necessarily for feedback or anything, but in case anybody else was interested in having something like that. I just used it for a session of LotFP on my iPad and it worked out pretty well.

It uses javascript to automatically calculate some of the fields, which may or may not present a problem for random magical items that provide bonuses. I based all my calculations on tables found in the Grindhouse edition (I'm assuming that's the most recent edition?). Basically it calculates alignment (where applicable), level (based on current xp), xp for next level, attribute modifiers, saving throws, and AB. I would've tried to automate more, but either the character sheet as is doesn't really allow for it or my n00b javascripting copy/paste/tinker abilities just aren't sufficient.

There's still the odd bug here and there ("xp for next level" won't automatically update after you've gained a level until you add xp after you've gained the level).

Let me know if you like it or you think of any improvements. If it's within the scope of my abilities or doable I'll try to update it. If you want to use it for the ipad, I would suggest pdfExpert as a good pdf reader app that lets you use form-fillable pdfs. Why Adobe's own Reader app doesn't do that is beyond me.

The link for the pdf is:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1401861/LotFP%2 … %200.1.pdf

*Disclaimers: If it isn't legal for me to post this modified pdf, let me know and I'll remove it, I'm working on the assumption that this is a publicly available document posted on an official message board for the game. Copyrights of any LotFP material  is still owned by James Edward Raggi IV and I don't pretend to have done anything more than click a few buttons to make a modified version of his original character sheet. Also, I did a rudimentary search of the intertubes and this message board and only found one other fillable pdf version of the character sheet (I think mine is better), but I didn't know if somebody else had already done this yet.