Topic: Sell Me on Vornheim

I'm seriously contemplating the purchase of the Vornheim complete city kit. The reason for this is that I'd like to arrange an urban campaign of my own, set in a city of 100,000 residents in my own, ice-age steampunk world. So anything which could help me prep and run a large city would be great. I must stress, again, that I do not intend to run Vornheim as-is, but rather use it as a toolkit to build my own city.

Would Vornheim be useful for such a task?

Re: Sell Me on Vornheim

Ed commented on the second half, I'll comment on the first.

One of the highlights of the first part of the book is the couple of mini adventures which, even though intertwined with the city lore, could easily be adapted anywhere.

Also, the description of the city and its inhabitants does fit the "weird" fantasy nicely. The turtles with cages bred into their backs to satisfy the desires of decadent nobles is one such example that I liked.

I've not been disappointed with it.

{Insert self pimping} Have you listened to any of the podcasts reviewing it? Here's one! http://www.lotfp.com/RPG/discussion/top … the-thing/ {end self pimping}

- Marc

Last edited by Lord Inar (2011-10-06 15:16:29)

All right! You've convinced me - I've purchased it both in print as well as PDF!

I don't think you'll be disappointed!