Topic: Grindhouse box set is $29.99???

At the US webstore Troll and Toad the Grindhouse box set is selling for $29.99??

Does anyone know if this is right.  The description is cut and paste job from the Paizo site, according to italics below it, and mentions the pdf.... but the store says it is 3.5 pounds of shipping and that they have 21 in stock.  Which would be odd for a pdf.

Also they don't seem to carry any other LotFP pdfs.

I sent an email to the store but no answer after a few days?

Re: Grindhouse box set is $29.99???

Troll & Toad bought a good number of Grindhouse boxes direct from me when I made them available, and decided to deep discount them from the get-go. It is the full box for $30.

I'll be changing how I do my overseas distribution with the next releases because of increases parcel shipping prices so you won't see that price again from them once they're out...

(although if they aren't answering mail... that's kind of a red flag...)

Nice, I may pick up a spare copy or gift copy at this price.

I couldn't pass up that price, so I finally bought a copy. I also bought a copy of Tower of the Stargazer for $4.99. Shipping was reasonable, so my grand total was only $41.35. big_smile

I'm posting on this thread that is a few weeks old just to say that Troll & Toad has very recently raised their prices on the Grindhouse set to $39.99.  I'm glad I got my box at $29.99 a week ago. 

Perhaps T&T's prices are increased because there are only 5 left in stock and they know there is is a lack of supply at this point.  Or maybe these are newly stocked items at Jim's higher prices mentioned in his previous post.

As for the Dengerate's posting:  Why do you need confirmation from T&T that their price is right?  If you liked it at that price then you should have bought it.  If they made a mistake... lucky you and too bad for them.  They probably didn't answer your email because they were too busy handling real customer orders, not random queries regarding if they made a "mistake."  The pdf thing threw me off at first but when I went through the ordering process it clearly was physical product, had a weight, shipping cost and delivery time.  Finally ,if you wanted an immediate answer from them they have a phone number you can call posted at the top of their webpage.  I've had nothing but good experiences and superior customer service from this company.

Last edited by bostoned (2011-09-09 22:16:27)

bostoned wrote:

I'm posting on this thread that is a few weeks old just to say that Troll & Toad has very recently raised their prices on the Grindhouse set to $39.99.  I'm glad I got my box at $29.99 a week ago.

You and me both. I received my $29.99 set on Tuesday, and I'm extremely pleased with it.

I bought directly from the LotFP Webstore, which gave me a bit of a shipping hit due to Finland being across the ocean, but I felt good knowing I was supporting the company directly. Plus it came in a neat box. big_smile